Monday, June 15, 2009

Our little roadtrip!

On Friday the girls, Emily and I headed down to my parents for the weekend. It was so much fun. THe girls were so excited to see Noni & Pop-pop. I am amazed (and very blessed) at how well they will now travel on roadtrips. They LOVE to just GO!
Here are the girls holding hands in their excitement & show of sisterly love. Isn't it just too cute?



Of course, the first thing the girls had to do was to head to the pool. So after blowing up 8 water wings, LOTS of sunscreen, they were off.
Here is a picture of Ms. Emily with the girls. She was the biggest help over the weekend.
I was glad to have gotten this picture because it was the ONLY time they sat still for a picture. River was jumping into the pool by the end of the weekend. It was so cute to watch her very serious face and then just as she would jump, the biggest smile would come across her face. Skye was a bit more low-key, but like River, all you heard was "I do it" "no hold". JuJu continues to be my crazy baby. She was swimming all over the place adn the more she could splash & bug her sisters, the bigger her smile & laugh got. Now, Princess Rockstar (aka Rayne), took a while to warm up to the pool, but she definitely wasn't crazy about getting her hair wet.


I was so excited to find each of the girls a pool towel in their color for a $1 each in the Target dollar bins. They are one of my favorite places to shop. Not to mention, don't they just make fo the cutest picture?
Pop-Pop & his girls.
THis is from my Dad's artichoke plant. I never knew how gorgeous they were. This is the first year my Dad planted one and it was so cool to see ( and delicious). He only plants things that produce something edible.
Here is some of Mom's amazingly beautiful pottery. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blue set she has done. The blue set with the dragonfly's are gorgeous.


Here is anothe pic that I took that I thought was just cool! Noni & Pop-pop at her gallery opening in Houston. She has work now in so many galleries. I'm so proud of her & it was so nice to be there for the opening night.


5 comments:

jag said...

Looks like a fun trip! The video was cute cute! I would type more, but a certain someone is fighting sleep with every fiber of her being!

Fulton Quads said...

I just LOVE road trips to family! Swimming too, WOO HOO! Your mom's pottery is SO beautiful! I wish I could learn how to do that! I LOVE the 3 car seats in a row! I'm sorry you post about a fun time with your parents & I ask about car seats! LOL! We need to chat! (=
Love, Cathy & her quads

Josh and Teri Duggan said...

I hope our girls are as good with road trips. I just adore the sisterly love with the holding of hands. I am glad you had a good time. I wished we could have met up. Next time for sure! Your Mom's pottery is fabulous, what an artist!

Jenn K said...

Awesome pictures, you guys are really having some fun this summer. Love the holding hands.

Andrea said...

Your girls are little rock stars- just going with the flow wherever they are! So precious! Both of your parents are very talented with their plants/pottery.