Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Hard day & night!

Yesteday started at 5am and ended at 4am (with NO nap!). I think I can count the few minutes where a baby wasn't crying, fussing, or screaming. The girls it seems got a virus of some sort. Their temperatures ranged from 99.5 to 103.9 degrees. And to make sure the day was complete we had one puke episode and the AC went out while it was 95 outside (but thanks Dallas Plumbing for having it back up by the end of the day). I have very few days where I have said having quads is hard. Yesterday was that day. Everyone wanted to be held at the same time, all of the time and nobody wanted to share. To finally get the last one to sleep, I had to hold in her in the chair (that was at 4am and everyone still got up at 6am). Needless to say, coffee has been heavily on todays menu. Luckily whatever it was, was only 24 hours. Only JuJu still has some fever. And today they did take naps and are much improved. I do have to say a huge thank-you to Emily, who didn't run out of the house screaming herself yesterday & my sister-in-law Liz. She has come over both days to check the girls and has answered all of my worried-mama questions. Having an Aunt Liz is essential with having quads. Liz is a pediatrian.
For those of you who have asked about Lucy and the girls, it is going very well. JuJu no longer freaks out and River has even attempted to pet her. All is well as long as Lucy doesn't move to fast.
The girls vocabulary continues to expand. River is starting to repeat everything. Her new words are Oh, man!; eat, eat; bubbles; night-night. Rayne says camera & shiney-hiney (or some version of it). JuJu is saying O'k, and Skye's new word is bow.

We decided to try giving the girls a bath in the "big"tub. It worked out great and they had so much fun. Now they are trying even harder to break into our room.

4 comments:

Dorinda said...

Yikes! How are you functioning? I don't like coffee - can you believe that? Five kids and no coffee addiction!! I think I need to start. And I think triplets are hard :) They're ALWAYS hanging on me...

Goerlich Quadruplets said...

Oh my, you survived! I bet you need a break right about now to catch up on some rest! We should try to get together next time you're in Katy. I'm about 25 min from there in Cypress. The kids and I are headed to Iowa from June 25 - July 16 but other than that, we'll be here. Do you mind if I link to your blog from my site?

Misty said...

Still working on catching some sleep, but Beau & I did get a date night. It is amazing what a couple of hours out of the house & a quiet resturant can do for you.
Misty

Goerlich Quadruplets said...

Yippee for date night! Good for you two. I wouldn't mind one bit if you link to our site...thanks for doing it! Thanks for the comments and hope to meet you sometime this summer!