Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Barnes & Nobles will never be the same!

Today with the help of Ms. Emily, Dana, & my Aunt Joy we took the girls out to Storytime & lunch. We haven't been in awhile so the girls were alittle out of practice. THey were so happy to be out of the house and let loose, that they sort of "let loose". I'm not sure they will be so smiley when we walk thru the door again. Oh well! Here are some fun shots from the day.
Here are my beautiful angels as we began our outing for the day. Don't they just look so sweet? So kind? So gentle? Hmmm..........
I just love this picture! This is my Great Aunt Joy. She is 85! She had (has) a set of twins and at one point had 4, 4 & under! I have no clue how she did it because I would not have made it without a microwave, dishwasher, huge washer/dryer, and cellphones with blue tooth.
Anyway this is her and Skye walking into Barnes & Nobles. Since the beginning these two have had such a bond.
Here we are at Storytime. Notice how everyone else's kiddo are sitting and listening? JuJu was crawling away from the "scene of the crime". Luckily, we only had to buy one book! UGH! (We now own a brand new book with multiple torn pages)
Can you believe it a picture of all 4 together and they aren't strapped into a high chair, car seats or a stroller? Now, if you notice, they are nowhere where they are suppose to be. The story lady has the patience of a saint! THe girls kept taking her books and getting on & off the stage.
All of these cookies are just for me, right?
River did finally settle into the "program". She is my little lady!
Skye "assisted" in telling the stories! She has no fear of being on stage. I could actually picture her accepting her oscar up there.
After destroying part of the kids book section and hearing a few complaints from some of the parents regarding the "disruptions" and "age limits", ect. We headed to Chili's, a more kid-friendly establishment, and had a very "messy" time. The girls loved it as you can see. (And yes, I left a very big tip to go with our very big mess!)


They also got their bangs cut today. I was amazed at how well they sat for Dana (a professional hair stylist).

7 comments:

Annie said...

OMG-I was laughing reading this, b/c I can totally relate!!! Did other moms really complain? Ugh.......

Tripletblessed said...

Looks like fun! We aven't had any great experiences with story time yet, as much as my kids LOVE to read they aren't fans of sitting still for storytime other than home. You are much calmer than me I get so embarresed by them running around!

MaryBeth said...

How do those rude other parents expect your little angels to learn to sit quietly and still for story time if they don't get to go there?!? I say ignore the rude ones and keep on going... they'll get the hang of it eventually.

Denise said...

I totally agree with MB! I wish I had the time and help to take my trio places like that. I love the pictures and I really love the picture of Skye with your Aunt. That is a precious picture.

Anonymous said...

You are my inspiration!!! Seriously girl, i cant wait to get as brave as you. i know it will happen some day!!!! We really should plan an outing at sometime and really freak the city of plano out, two sets of quads together, is the sky falling? ;)

Katja Stahr-Long said...

You go girl!! What an undertaking. YOu are blessed to have loyal friends and family to help you! and to those parents complaining at story time....little do they know what a mom of quads needs...hopefully you will find a more gracious group next time. Good for all of you for getting out and having fun. You have such a talent for using the most entertaining expressions in your posts. I truely enjoy reading and the pics are always fantastic!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness. I only have two... a 4 month old and a 16 month old but I can relate to the crawling off so much!